A $50,000 Liberty Mutual life insurance claim was denied due a mistake on the application, however, our lawyers were able to get our client the money within a short period of time.
20 common errors or omissions that could potentially result in a claim denial:
- Providing incorrect personal information (name, date of birth, address).
- Failing to disclose pre-existing medical conditions.
- Withholding information about previous surgeries or medical treatments.
- Misrepresenting or underreporting tobacco or alcohol use.
- Neglecting to disclose a history of drug use or addiction.
- Failing to mention participation in high-risk activities or hobbies (e.g., skydiving, scuba diving, racing).
- Providing inaccurate details about occupation or employment history.
- Omitting information about dangerous driving habits or previous DUI convictions.
- Not disclosing a history of mental health disorders or psychiatric treatment.
- Failing to mention participation in hazardous occupations (e.g., mining, firefighting).
- Misrepresenting income or financial status.
- Omitting information about previous life insurance applications or policies.
- Failing to disclose participation in extreme sports or adventure activities.
- Providing incorrect information about family medical history.
- Misrepresenting or downplaying foreign travel or residence.
- Failing to disclose past bankruptcies or financial insolvency.
- Omitting details about pending lawsuits or legal issues.
- Failing to disclose recent arrests or criminal convictions.
- Providing incorrect information about height, weight, or body mass index (BMI).
- Neglecting to update the policy application with significant changes in health or lifestyle before the policy is issued.
Our life insurance lawyers are familiar with the reasons life insurance companies use to delay your life insurance claim. If your life insurance claim is being wrongfully delayed, we will contact the insurance company to demand immediate payment of your claim, including all interest accumulated during the duration of the delay.