We are pleased to announce the successful resolution of a $125,000 denied life insurance claim by our top life insurance lawyers.
What are some reasons for life insurance claim denials?
- The policyholder did not pay their premiums.
- The policyholder provided false or incomplete information in their application.
- The policyholder died during the contestability period, which is typically the first two years of the policy.
- The cause of death was excluded in the policy.
- The policyholder engaged in risky activities such as skydiving or bungee jumping that were not disclosed in the application.
- The policyholder died while committing a crime or participating in illegal activities.
- The policyholder died due to a pre-existing medical condition that was not disclosed in the application.
- The policyholder died due to suicide, which is often excluded in the policy for a certain period of time.
- The policyholder died due to drug or alcohol abuse, which can also be excluded in the policy.
- The policyholder died while serving in the military, which may not be covered by the policy.
It's important to read and understand your life insurance policy to avoid any surprises when filing a claim.
What are the main reasons for denied ERISA life insurance claims?
There are several reasons why an ERISA life insurance claim may be denied. One of the most common reasons is a mistake or omission on the application, such as providing inaccurate or incomplete information. Another reason may be that the policyholder did not pay their premiums on time or allow their policy to lapse. Additionally, if the policyholder passes away under circumstances that are not covered by the policy, such as suicide or death due to drug use, the claim may be denied. Finally, disputes over who is entitled to the benefits may also result in a denied claim. It's important to review your policy carefully and seek legal advice if your claim has been denied.