Our life insurance attorneys fight life insurance companies and win!
There are many reasons why an ERISA life insurance claim may be denied. Here are twenty possible reasons:
- Non-payment of premiums
- Misrepresentation on the application for insurance
- Failure to disclose a pre-existing medical condition
- Death occurred outside of the coverage period
- Suicide or self-inflicted injury within the first two years of coverage
- Death resulting from an excluded cause, such as participating in high-risk activities
- Death resulting from an act of war or terrorism
- Death resulting from drug or alcohol use
- Death resulting from an illegal act or criminal activity
- Death resulting from participation in a felony
- Failure to provide adequate proof of death or cause of death
- Failure to comply with the policy's notice and filing requirements
- The policy was not in force at the time of death
- The beneficiary was not properly designated or is contested
- The policy lapsed due to non-payment or other reasons
- The policy was obtained fraudulently or through misrepresentation
- The death occurred during a period of contestability
- The policy was terminated or canceled by the insurer or the policyholder
- The policyholder did not have the authority to obtain coverage on the insured person
- The policy was not properly assigned or transferred.
It's important that you use the form contact to get in touch with us for a free consultation.