We are happy to inform the public we have just resolved a denied Protective Life insurance claim.
How do you proactively prevent a life insurance claim from being denied?
20 ways to proactively prevent a life insurance claim from being denied:
- Disclose all relevant information truthfully and accurately on the life insurance application.
- Make sure to answer all questions on the application, even if they seem minor or irrelevant.
- Disclose any preexisting medical conditions, previous surgeries, or medical treatments.
- Disclose any hazardous hobbies or occupations that may impact the risk profile of the policy.
- Disclose any tobacco or drug use on the application.
- Be aware of any exclusions or limitations in the policy, such as suicide exclusions.
- Review the policy documents carefully to make sure that all information is correct and up-to-date.
- Notify the insurance company promptly of any changes in your health or lifestyle.
- Keep all medical records up-to-date and provide them to the insurance company if requested.
- Pay premiums on time and keep the policy in force.
- Review and update the beneficiary designation regularly.
- Make sure the policy is appropriate for your needs and goals.
- Choose a reputable and financially stable insurance company.
- Read the policy terms and conditions carefully before signing up for coverage.
- Work with a licensed insurance agent to help you navigate the application process and understand your policy.
- Consider buying a policy with guaranteed renewability or convertibility options.
- Don't cancel an existing policy before a new policy is issued.
- Provide accurate contact information to the insurance company and make sure they can reach you easily.
- Keep a copy of the policy documents and make sure your beneficiaries have access to them.
- Be honest and transparent in all your dealings with the insurance company.