Our life insurance attorneys just recovered a $1,000,000.00 denied MetLife life insurance claim that was originally denied due to misrepresentation on the application.
There are several reasons why a life insurance claim might be denied. Here are some common reasons:
- Non-Disclosure or Misrepresentation: If the policyholder did not disclose or misrepresented material facts at the time of application, the insurance company can deny the claim.
- Contestability Period: The life insurance company may tell you that it can’t pay because within the contestability period, but that is false. What the contestable period means is that the life insurance company can review the medical history of the insured.
- Policy Lapse: If the policyholder did not pay the premiums on time, the policy might have lapsed, and the claim may be denied.
- Exclusions: Some policies have specific exclusions for certain conditions or circumstances, such as death from drug or alcohol abuse.
- Fraud: If the insurance company suspects that the claim is fraudulent, they can deny the claim.
It is essential to read the policy documents carefully and understand the terms and conditions before buying a life insurance policy. Providing accurate information at the time of application and paying premiums on time can help ensure that your beneficiaries receive the death benefit when it is needed. If you have a denied claim, we can help.