Our life insurance law firm gets a lot of calls with respect to claims of old life insurance companies which have changed names, so I decided to put the information on our life insurance attorney blog. Here are some life insurance companies that have changed names:
- MetLife became Brighthouse Financial in 2017
- Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company became Empower Retirement Life Insurance Company in 2022.
- Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company of New York became Empower Life & Annuity Insurance Company of New York in 2022.
- Great-West Funds, Inc. became Empower Funds, Inc. in 2022
- Prudential Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company (PRIAC) became Empower Annuity Insurance Company of America in 2022
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America (PICA) becaome Empower Life Insurance Company of America in 2022
- Protective Life and Annuity Insurance Company became Pacific Guardian Life Insurance Company, Ltd. in 2019.
- Genworth Financial, Inc. sold its life insurance business to Resolution Life Group Holdings Ltd. in 2019.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company became Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company in 2019.
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.) became Manulife Financial Corporation in 2004.
- ING U.S., Inc. became Voya Financial, Inc. in 2014.
- Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company became Talcott Resolution Life and Annuity Insurance Company in 2018.
- Transamerica Occidental Life Insurance Company became Transamerica Life Insurance Company in 2008.
- American General Life and Accident Insurance Company (AGLA) became American General Life Insurance Company (AGL) in 2013.
- Aviva USA Corporation became Athene USA Corporation in 2013.
- Conseco, Inc. became CNO Financial Group, Inc. in 2010.
- Fortis Benefits Insurance Company became Union Security Insurance Company in 2005.
- Jefferson-Pilot Corporation merged with Lincoln National Corporation in 2006.
- Liberty Mutual Group Inc. sold its life insurance business to Lincoln Financial Group in 2018.
- Monumental Life Insurance Company became Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company in 2014.
- Phoenix Home Life Mutual Insurance Company demutualized and became a stock company called The Phoenix Companies, Inc. in 2001.
- ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York merged with and into its affiliate, Security Life of Denver Insurance Company (SLD), with SLD being the surviving entity, under the new name of Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company (VRIAC) on December 31, 2017
- Security Benefit Life Insurance Company (SBL) sold its life insurance business to a subsidiary of Kuvare US Holdings, Inc., which operates under the name of Oceanview Life and Annuity Company, effective December 31, 2018
- SunAmerica Inc., a subsidiary of American International Group Inc., sold its life insurance business to Protective Life Corp., effective May 1, 2015
- Symetra Financial Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Life Insurance Co., sold its life insurance business to Resolution Life Group Holdings Ltd., effective January 4, 2021
Don’t try to resolve your denied life insurance claim yourself. Give us a call.
Free Consultation 800-330-2274