Life Insurance Lawyer Richmond Virginia
Richmond is a great place, however, what is not so great is the high volume of denied life insurance claims here. Our life insurance lawyers will fight the insurance companies to get you the full value of your policy. If you need a life insurance lawyer Virginia, we are here to help.
Contestability period: Most life insurance policies have a contestability period of two years during which the insurer can investigate and deny a claim if they find any material misrepresentation or omission in the policy application.
Suicide exclusion: Most life insurance policies have a suicide exclusion, which means that the policy will not pay a death benefit if the policyholder dies by suicide within a certain period after the policy is issued.
Non-payment of premiums: If the policyholder fails to pay premiums, the policy may lapse or be cancelled, and the insurer may not pay the death benefit.
To fight a delayed or denied life insurance claim, a lawyer would typically take the following steps:
Review the policy: The lawyer would review the life insurance policy and application to determine if the policyholder provided accurate and complete information about their health. If there were any inaccuracies or omissions, the lawyer would investigate the circumstances surrounding the application process.
Obtain documentation: The lawyer would obtain all relevant documentation related to the claim, including medical records and the policyholder's cause of death.
Challenge the insurance company's interpretation of the policy: The lawyer would challenge the insurance company's interpretation of the policy if they believe that the insurer is incorrectly applying policy provisions or exclusions.
Negotiate with the insurance company: The lawyer may negotiate with the insurance company to reach a settlement or agreement that is favorable to the policyholder.
Recent Richmond Virginia Denied Life Insurance Claims Resolved
- MassMutual misreprentation health $200,000.00
- US Financial Life coronavirus death denied $104,000.00
- John Hancock interpleader claim $56,000.00
- OM Financial Life COVID death claim $45,000.00
- Members Life dangerous activity exclusion $64,000.00
- Ozark National refusal to pay the valid claim $55,000.00
- Richmond Virginia denied ADD claim $68,000.00
- Genworth sickness exclusion settled $20,000.00
- Denied Richmond Virginia life insurance claim $565,000.00
- Liberty Financial beneficiary dispute $117,000.00
- SGLI Army would not pay the spouse $400,00.00
- Transamerica competing beneficiaries $144,000.00
- Lifemap various exclusions alleged by company $280,000.00
- Pavonia Life long two year delay of payment $327,000.00
- FG Life material misrepresentation won $15,000.00
- National Teachers Association terrorism exclusion $30,000.00
- Denied life insurance claim in Virginia settled $303,900.00
- Modern Woodmen lapsed the policy on insured $102,000.00
- Polish National claim of fraud on application $202,500.00
- SGLI Navy paperwork not processed for change $400,00.00
- John Alden refusal to rightly pay the benefits $34,000.00
- Old American extremely long delay of payment $149,000.00
- Monarch Life allegation of fraud on application $529,000.00
- Peoples Benefit Life chronic illness exclusion $21,000.00
- HCC Life denied claim misrepresentation alleged $454,000.00
- New Life contestable period issue resolved $59,000.00
Contact us today