Life Insurance Lawyer Tacoma Washington
Tacoma is a great place, however, what is not so great is the high volume of denied life insurance claims here. Our life insurance lawyers will fight the insurance companies to get you the full value of your policy. If you need a life insurance lawyer Washington, we are here to help.
If an ex-spouse is not removed as a beneficiary after a divorce, the insurance company will typically pay the death benefit to the named beneficiary regardless of the divorce. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if the divorce decree specifically requires the policyholder to remove the ex-spouse as a beneficiary and the policyholder fails to do so, the ex-spouse may not be entitled to the death benefit.
Denied life insurance claims can be challenged in several ways, including:
Requesting a review of the claim: The first step is to request a review of the claim denial from the insurance company. This may involve submitting additional evidence or information that was not previously provided.
Mediation or arbitration: Many life insurance policies include clauses that require disputes to be resolved through mediation or arbitration. This may be a faster and less expensive option than filing a lawsuit.
Filing a lawsuit: If the dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation or mediation, the next step may be to file a lawsuit against the insurance company. A lawyer can help determine whether a lawsuit is appropriate and how to proceed.
Filing a complaint with the state insurance department: If the insurance company's conduct was particularly egregious, a complaint can be filed with the state insurance department. This may result in an investigation and possible sanctions against the insurance company.
Contacting an attorney: An experienced attorney can advise the policyholder or beneficiary on the best course of action and help fight for their rights. The attorney can review the policy language, determine the legal options, and represent their client in negotiations, mediation, arbitration, or in court.
2023-2024 Tacoma Washington Denied Life Insurance Claims Resolved
- Midland National interpleader won $115,000.00
- Best Family coronavirus death denial $73,000.00
- Puritan Life competing beneficiaries settled $106,000.00
- Allianz Life alcohol exclusion $210,000.00
- Tacoma Washington denied life insurance claim $309,000.00
- Great Southern Life COVID 19 death $303,000.00
- Nationwide material misrepresentation $50,000.00
- Amica beneficiary dispute girlfriend vs ex-wife $117,000.00
- Tacoma Washington AD&D claim denial $82,000.00
- Kotak Life foreign death denial claim $59,000.00
- TIAA beneficiary dispute spouse vs ex-spouse $112,000.00
- Garden State Life smoking not disclosed on application $26,000.00
- Landmark Life illegal drug exclusion resolved $79,000.00
- Triple AAA Life denial of death proceeds $54,000.00
- Old American Life chronically ill exclusion $101,500.00
- Mutual Trust Life misrepresentation heath $29,000.00